Well, the doctor walked in today and knew I wasn't in labor because I'm still smiling. :) But he does want me to start thinking labor! He said it's just nicer if the babies come on their own, rather than getting to the point of having to induce. As long as they keep doing okay he'll let me go a few more weeks, but he doesn't want to leave two babies in there too long and I guess it's debateable on how long is too long. So he's getting a little anxious for things to start happening. I told him I'd like to have at least another week so we can finish up the odds and ends of our house projects and have a few days to chill before things get really crazy - he said as long as I'm thinking that way they'll probably come soon and not give me that time! :)
Both are still head down, and it's very unlikely to change at this point - it's pretty cramped in there, and they're settled into their own little bit of space that they have. We could see on the ultrasound that they are starting to 'breathe' - obviously they're just taking in amniotic fluid at this point, but the doctor said they don't start doing this until a couple weeks before birth and it's a good sign that they are going through that exercise. If there were to start getting stressed in there they wouldn't do it anymore.
So, the house is pretty much ready! Just need to tie up a few loose ends, and the house needs a good post-construction cleaning. Ugh. Thankfully I've got people that can help so I'm not trying to do it all myself! My energy level is definitely very low - even if I manage to get a decent night's sleep. And if I DON'T sleep well? Watch out! I turn into a cranky, emotional pregnant lady. My dear hubby does a pretty good job of handling it. :)
Things are still quite busy farming wise (which doesn't help with my stress level when I'm tired...). Soybean harvest FINALLY finished at the end of last week! What a yucky fall for trying to get crops in. Now it's right on to corn. The ground is wet, and the corn is wet, but they're able to roll with it. Slows things down out in the fields, and the corn will need extra dry time in the bin, but at least they're able to get out there and work on it!
Best wishes!
ReplyDelete