Something I forgot to post about before - I think we're pretty much done with pacifiers! We didn't really even try, it just sorta happened.
I think it was a couple weeks ago that I decided not to put a pacifier in their cribs anymore just to see how it would go - this wasn't a serious "We're done with pacifiers from here on out". They did fine without them, and there have even been a few times now when they've been upset, I've tried to give them a pacifier, and they don't want it! I'm finding we're just not using them around the house either. I do keep one with each car seat (and probably will for awhile - don't want to be unprepared in public!) but it doesn't get used much.
Let's hope they don't become thumb suckers.
Yippee! This is the best time to do it! And I'd be very surprised if they start sucking their thumb now.
ReplyDeleteThumb suckers are so bad....their daddy sucked his thumb for a little bit but quit when he was two!
ReplyDeleteI suspect they'll go right from pacifiers to hand chewing. They are seriously gnawing! Just trying to imagine Mike sucking his thumb...
ReplyDeletemike admits he sucked his thumb much longer than 2 yrs old! hopefully the hand chewing is just for teething and we won't have any nasty habits to break later... btw michelle - how's micah doing with that??
ReplyDelete