Tuesday, March 8, 2011

cute

I've written before about Caleb and Logan's friend at church, Sophia.  Her parents had the cutest story for us on Sunday.  Saturday they unexpectedly had to go shopping for a new microwave.  They told Sophia that they were going to go to Logan's for lunch.  Logan's the restaurant, that is...try explaining that to a two-year-old who talks about her friend Logan all the time (meaning Caleb, too)!  So, I guess she kept saying, "Go to Logan's house?  Go to Logan's house?"  And by the end of the day when she realized she wasn't going to see Logan and Caleb she was pretty sad.  Good thing the next day was Sunday and she got to see the boys at church!

Saturday afternoon we went to my grandpa's girlfriend's birthday party at their nursing home.  Kind of a hard place to manage two 15-month-olds who do not like to be held.  There's lots of trouble to get into, so they need to be kept on a tight leash (maybe it's time to actually get leashes...).  Add that to the fact that it's naptime and that really makes things fun.  At one point Mike picked Caleb up because he was headed for trouble and Caleb threw a fit (just throws his head back and screams), pretty much everyone in the room looked over.  Nice.

We've been having shoe issues with Caleb.  He does not want to put shoes on (arches his foot, curls his toes so it's nearly impossible to get a shoe on), and after an hour or two of wearing them he gets pretty upset.  I'm pretty sure the shoes are the right size, but maybe they just aren't comfortable.  Sunday I got called to the nursery - when I got there they said Caleb had been crying for awhile and they couldn't get him to stop.  He was crying harder than I've ever seen!  I took his shoes off and he started calming down right away.  It took him a long time to totally calm down because he was SO worked up, but the shoes were definitely an issue.  Hmmm... 

Last night we went bowling with another couple from church.  We haven't been bowling in so long, it was fun!  Of course Mike did great.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I cry when I put my shoes on, too. :)

    Did the boys bowl?

    Glad you went to Lila's-- kinda wish we could have been there, but the prospect of being in a crowded place with our kids definitely doesn't interest me too much.

    How old is Sophia? You ought to offer to have her come over-- I'll bet she'd happily entertain the boys for a while. Claire just loves little kids... at the auction Sat, she spent probably more than an hour on the bleachers with a little 2 year old she made friends with. The boy's parents were thrilled that she was occupying him. And I was happy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete