I know I've said this before (maybe a couple times), but I just can't get over how fascinating it is to watch two little humans grow, develop, and learn. Specifically, the things they can remember astound me! A couple recent incidents: last week we were dropping our van off at a friends house for him to work on the brakes. We've been there with the boys probably three times before, and it's been a little while. We pulled into the driveway and one of the boys (I don't remember who, or maybe it was both...) said, "Miss Dina!" - the wife's name is Edina. And even more surprising to me was a couple days later when we were going to McDonald's for supper. We pulled in the parking lot, Logan pointed at the car wash next door and said, "Car wash." I think I've been through that car wash with them only once before, and it was several months ago. So, either he can read or he has an incredible memory! :) There's lot of other little things, but those are the two biggest that have stuck out to me lately.
We finally got some snow!! Friday morning Mike had go in early to plow, so he got home from work early and had time to play outside with the boys before their naps. A little ways into things Logan fell off the sled and got a face full of snow and was pretty upset about it, so he came back in the house, but Mike and Caleb stayed outside for quite awhile yet. They also had a chance to play outside on Saturday, and even got to go sledding with their cousins next door. I missed out on that fun because I was helping my dad with his year-end book work. :) I took the boys out to play this morning - I wasn't sure if I'd be up for getting them all suited up by myself, but it didn't go too bad. Thankfully, with them still being in diapers I don't have to worry about them having to go to the bathroom once I've got all their gear on!
This is our first winter with the minivan, and I'm finding out it's very different than having four-wheel-drive! Oh well. All the perks of having a minivan are totally worth putting up with how it handles in the snow.
It feels kinda weird as the boys are growing up to not just hear how cute they are or what good babies they are, but to now get reports on their behavior. I feel all grown-up, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that! :) We got great reports from a couple different people on how well they're doing in Sunday School. I just love to hear that! One of the people that told us is the teacher's mom (and she has teenage twin boys) - she had heard from her daughter that the boys were well behaved in class and knew how much a parent appreciates hearing a report on their children (because of how much work goes into them!!!) so she made sure to tell us. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment