On Saturday, Mike took Caleb and Logan shopping for my birthday present - I knew that's what they were doing, there's no way of hiding that from me. :) When they got back Mike said I'd better not ask the boys what they got because they'd probably tell. (My how things change in just a few months! At Christmastime I couldn't get anything out of them!) He also bought a bag of M&M's to give me right away and tried to distract them from the real present. Good strategy, but it didn't work. :) About half an hour after they got home Logan just came out with it and started talking about it, and of course that got Caleb started, too. Mike knew the risks, so hopefully he wasn't too disappointed. :) I got a good laugh because it was just so cute!
I decided to paint a border in the nursery. It looks really cool so far, I just don't think I'm ever going to finish. :) Plus, Mike needs to get the ceiling fan/light hung in there and he hasn't had a chance to work on that. None of this HAS to be done before the baby comes, I just really, really want things wrapped up so we don't have an unfinished project hanging over our heads when trying to enjoy our new addition.
Caleb has started to figure out how some things in life work - like whoever is driving controls the radio. :) He was saying something the other day about how he was going to drive somewhere and then he said he'd listen to "Bob & Larry" (that's what they call Veggie Tales). Mike and I had a good laugh about that one. They are always asking for Bob & Larry - I don't mind it too bad, but in the car we only have 1 cd to listen to and it goes through kinda fast, so we hear it LOTS (I know my parents are laughing right now thinking of the cassette tapes we listened to over and over and over again as kids...). Sometimes I just say it's Mommy's turn to listen to her music and they've gotten used to that so I don't get too many complaints. :)
Also, one of their favorite books is "Miss Spider's Tea Party". Logan has told me he wants to drive to Miss Spider's house for a party. :)
The other night Mike took the boys for a LONG walk out back. They were gone so long I was starting to get worried because I figured there was no way that Caleb and Logan were lasting that long on a walk. But, Mike said they did great! It wasn't until the very end that they didn't want to walk anymore.
Sunday morning I was in nursery at church, and there was just a little jealousy when I was holding a baby. :) Not too bad, but it will be interesting to see how things go when there's a baby here all the time. Both boys seem to love babies and are very gentle with them, but when I was holding a baby they both wanted to be right by me and on me and I had four little hands trying to help hold the bottle, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment