Overall, bedtime with Caleb and Logan is going SO MUCH BETTER. About a month ago or so we started letting them have a stack of books to look at in their beds. That has really seemed to help them calm down and eventually fall asleep without it being a big production every night. Not every night is perfect, but most of the time things go really well.
One of Caleb's favorite books in all this has been The Circus Ship. It's a fun book with neat illustrations - it's cute to see him have a favorite like that and want to look at it every night.
With the nicer weather and all the outdoor playtime I was getting lax at enforcing separate playtime, but I've been doing it more again the last few days and the boys have been doing great with it. I hardly get a complaint, and they play nice on their own for quite a while. They must need it as much as I do! :)
Logan especially is observant of and curious about my flowers and plants outside. Caleb notices some and asks questions, too, but not as much. Logan is good at remembering the names of different plants, and when he picks a "flower" (a weed out of the grass) he wants to plant it by my flowers. He's also the one that is always seeing a stone he wants to pick up, or some cool leaves, or helicopter seeds, etc... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment