We had a somewhat busy, but fun weekend. We are REALLY enjoying having Mike home from work on Friday's! Actually, this past Friday the boys and I had a playdate, while Mike and my dad talked over some things for our upcoming house project and did some farm work, but it was still nice that he wasn't at work. :) Friday evening we went as a family to our church's live nativity. It was great! I enjoyed running into an old school friend, the weather was great for walking through the nativity, and of course the boys enjoyed the cookies, hot chocolate, and crafts at the end.
Saturday was our annual cookie bake day at Mike's mom and stepdad's. Lots of work! Add that to Caleb bumping over on their wood floor a container of little balls for decorating cookies and we had quite the day. :) We cleaned up as best we could, but I'm sure they'll be finding those balls for awhile! I suggested we use them as a game at our family Christmas party - like whoever finds the most wins, or whoever finds one the furthest from the point of origin wins, etc. :) Despite all that it was a fun day with family!
That evening we ended up having a last minute get together with some friends. They had attended our church, but recently felt it was time to move on, so it was nice to have a chance to catch up with them. We stayed WAY too late, but the kids were playing so nice and it was great to actually have a conversation!
The next morning we all had to be up bright an early as Mike was Deacon on duty for the 8:30am service, and I had to be in nursery during that service. It was a little rough getting the boys up and going, but not TOO bad. I pretty much spent the afternoon in a haze as I wanted to just nap, but "quiet time" for the boys isn't exactly quiet, and Caleb was in the playroom playing the keyboard nice and loud. :)
In the evening we didn't have church due to the live nativity, so the boys and I just stayed home while Mike went in to count the morning offerings with the other Deacon on duty for the day.
And then, all of the sudden, the weekend's over! Seems so nice and long at the beginning, then it's all done so fast.
Just remembered a couple other cute things the boys say. Levi calls cats, "kitty-ats". He frequently uses the word "actually", and with meaningful hand motions. There's also been a few times lately that he's been upset over being told not to do something, and he'll say to me, "I'm mad at you!" I sure hope he's not through with being my little sweetie pie! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment