We've still been able to lay pretty low and not do much, and it's been WONDERFUL. I know I've said it before, but after the crazy 2015 we had we are really, really enjoying just being together as a family and not doing too much. It's not that we don't do anything, we just try to be choosy and not get over-committed. :) Last Wednesday my friend Jen came over for an early supper (she teaches an evening class at WMU in GR), and then we were able to have Mike's mom and stepdad over for dessert to hear about their recent trip to Kenya.
Saturday morning Mike and I were able to attend a producer's event at Byron Center Meats. It was really interesting, got us talking about the beef business, and thanks to my bro and sis-in-law taking the kids we were able to do that and have a few hours to ourselves afterwards (which we spent driving to three different Meijer's tracking down a pair of work boots for Mike...but, hey, when you have four small children, time together is time together!).
Caleb has been eating A LOT lately. Like, third and fourth helpings of stuff. I'm sure this is only a foreshadowing of the teenage years. He is not allowed to grow out of his clothes before the end of the school year!!
Logan has been getting more and more interested in art activities. Drawing, coloring, cutting out shapes, etc. It's fun to see what he does and hear the story behind his pictures.
Levi is still my sweetie pie, but sometimes Mike and I refer to him as Mr. Bossy Boss Man or something of the like. He seems to think he knows best on various things. He's always got a solution or explanation, and likes to micromanage. :) He still takes a good afternoon nap (and clearly needs it if it gets skipped), and goes to bed fine at night. He's had a harder time waking up to go pick up Caleb and Logan from school. :(
Jackson. Oh, my little baby, Jackson. What can I say? My most challenging baby, yet he smiles at me and I just melt and forgot all the troubles. Today he's actually napping decent, but I'm worried he might be coming down with something. In the last week he had a couple good nights, but otherwise it's been 2-6x/night that he wakes up... Not cool. He doesn't need to eat, but cries and cries until I put the pacifier back in and re-swaddle. He generally doesn't nap all that great, unless it's a school day and he'll be nice and sound asleep when I have to get him up to load him in his car seat to go pick up Caleb and Logan... I just can't seem to get in a real regular routine with him, and that's a real struggle for me, but I'm doing my best to try and be flexible. :) Jackson loves his jumper, and he loves his big brothers. He seems pretty strong, and when laying on his back will often try to sit up - just looks like he's doing crunches. :)
It still seems crazy that we lifted our house and dug a basement. And, I still think over the headaches and money, and wonder whether it was worth it, and then I listen to Mike playing a rousing game of balloon volleyball or freeze tag with the boys down there while I feed Jackson upstairs and I know it was. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment