I guess "sprinter" is a good name for the season we are currently in. Not unlike other years, winter keeps hanging on a bit but we get a taste of spring here and there. I'm not complaining too much, it would be nice to have warmer and dryer weather, but the way it's been has enabled Mike to still have Friday's off. This week it looks like things are supposed to warm up a bit and be pretty nice by the end of the week, so I imagine they'll probably have big planting day on the farm this Friday. Which, of course, is my birthday. :) I've had my hubby home on Friday's much longer than expected, though, so I can't complain if his first one back is on my birthday.
Once the weather turns I really need to get cracking on some areas around the house. One main flower bed that needs to be planted, and the garden. We completely let the garden go last year with everything going on, so it'll take some effort to get that ship-shape again! I have plenty to do in the house, though, until that time. And, it still seems rather hard to get anything 'extra' done beyond the daily tasks around here.
We survived Spring Break and it really wasn't too bad. The first day felt rather long, but after that the week went better. Tuesday my mom, the boys, and I drove to Grand Ledge to visit my grandma. I was SO HAPPY with how the boys behaved. We had a very nice visit. They played on the floor of her apartment for a while, and then we all took a walk. Wednesday was rainy and cold, but my mom had an afternoon of activity planned for the "staycationers". :) My parents, my sister-in-law and her two boys, and me and my boys went out to lunch and then we had a shopping challenge at a dollar store, and then back to my parent's to play bingo. We haven't really done a lot this weekend other than run a couple errands and go to church. (And it's so nice!)
Jackson has still been hit or miss with his nighttime sleeping. During the day he'll usually take at least one decent nap, which is so refreshing after months of 30 minute naps! It seems like he may be having some trouble with the introduction of solid foods - more spitting up, not all that excited to eat, etc. So, we'll continue to see how things go and he has a 6 month check-up next month anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment