Wednesday, July 6, 2011

coffee

I don't know what's up with this crop of kids, but it seems that both Caleb and Logan, and the two cousins closest to them in age (a niece on Mike's side and a niece on my side) are all young coffee lovers.  The boys have been curious for awhile - whenever they see a mug they point at it and say "coggee" (we're still working on the "f" sound).  The other day I finally let them try some, and they loved it!  As if my boys really need to add caffeine to their systems for extra energy...

The boys have been able to do some swimming in their pool the last few days.  I generally just let them go skinny dipping - it's easier for me than having to deal with wet swimsuits, and the open air time is good for their buns (wouldn't you want a breather if you wore a diaper 24/7???).  They've become more aware of theirs and each others anatomy lately, so there's alot of pointing and saying "pee pee".

This was kind of cute today - when Logan's looking at a book he will point at a picture and want you to say what it is.  This can go on for quite awhile, and if you don't respond right away he gets quite frustrated.  Today we were looking at a book that had a picture of a bear holding a tub of honey, he was pointing at the honey and I kept telling him it was honey, but he was getting frustrated like I wasn't responding to him - I think it's because I call the boys "Honey", so he didn't think I was telling him what that picture was!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny with the coffee. I guess Shane really likes it too. This past week while we've been camping has been extra bad with Heidi. She can't wait till my coffee cools down enough for her to start drinking it. Today when we were packing up, I just gave up and gave her a small cup of it for herself. She was THRILLED. Not sure what kind of mother this makes me, but.....

    ReplyDelete