Saturday morning we headed up to Harold and Kara's cottage. It was super hot and humid, but thankfully kinda cloudy so it wasn't too yucky. Perfect day to have access to water. :) The boys had fun playing in the sand. They were a little more hesitant about the water this time, but they did have fun floating on a raft and riding on Mike's back.
Naptime that afternoon did not happen - didn't help that Caleb fell asleep in the car on the way up, and he can now climb out of a pack-n-play. I think Logan would have slept fine if it weren't for Caleb! Bedtime was also a struggle with Caleb not wanting to stay put. Once they finally fell asleep they slept good for the night. We put forth a valiant effort towards naptime on Sunday, but that just wasn't going to happen either. I was pretty frazzled by this point, desperately needing my kids to take a nap so I could have a break (I know, it's terribly selfish of me, but keeping track of two 19-month-olds at a place like that takes alot of energy!). After several tries to keep Caleb in his pack-n-play we gave up. We decided to take the boys on a paddle boat ride and guess what? Not 5 minutes into it Caleb was completely zonked out, and within another minute Logan was out too. We took an extra long ride and when we got back Logan woke up, but Caleb was still sleeping so I just sat in the boat with him for a bit because I knew he wouldn't stay awake if I moved him.
We came home on Sunday evening and the boys got a good night's sleep. Phew! Monday was a nice relaxing day. We went to the park, had lunch at the ice cream shop, the boys went swimming here at home, they took great naps, and we picked up our friends' dog that we're watching for a couple weeks (more on that later....). At the park we ran into the family that was in the hospital at the same time as us - their little boy was born on 11/27, the day Caleb and Logan were 'supposed' to be born.
Okay, our dog drama. So, this is a dog we've watched several times in the past (Harley). We know she's a little more aggressive and we have to be careful to not have Sadie and Macy around when she's eating, and not let the boys crawl on her, etc. We got her over here last night, and completely unprovoked she attacked Macy. First of all, poor Macy. She actually peed herself during the attack, and now is afraid to come out of the kennel, even if Harley is locked up. She has a small cut or two on her ear, but nothing too bad. Second, poor me and Mike! Mike was outside with the boys and I was inside folding laundry. All of the sudden I'm hearing Mike hollering and these awful dog noises. Of course as I'm running out I'm thinking I'm going to find one of my children being attacked. Thankfully they didn't even see it. The dogs were in the garage and the boys were outside not paying attention. But boy was I rattled. I couldn't stop shaking for several minutes afterwards! And now I've got two weeks of keeping our dogs and kids away from Harley.
Wow, Liz! No wonder you panicked! Even after 27 years I have clear memories of what we went through when you got bit!
ReplyDeleteI thought of that last night. Did you hear it happen or just see the aftermath? I can't get the sounds out of my head and the feeling thinking it was one of my kids!
ReplyDelete