Monday, October 31, 2011

retreat

We had a great weekend!  We are looking forward to a weekend with no major plans since we've had alot going on over here for quite awhile now, but we really enjoyed our weekend.

Friday night we had a family date night.  :)  We went to El Rancho for supper - yum!  Overall, the boys did very well.  They didn't eat much, and at the very end they got antsy, but still it was a successful going out to eat experience.  After dinner we went to the playplace at the mall in Holland.  The one there is perfect for us - the toys are a good size for the boys to play on, and it's easy for me (in this case, us) to keep track of them.  I've never attempted taking them to the play area at the mall in Grandville because it would just be too hard to keep an eye on them.  Plus it's always mobbed there and I've heard a few getting sick stories...  :(

Saturday, Mike and I were able to go for the day to our Young Married's retreat.  Most of the couples were there for the weekend, but there were a few of us that just came for the day.  We were glad we could at least be  there for some of it.  (Also, we're in the middle of coming up with a new name for our class, since we hardly qualify as the "Young Married's" anymore...)  It was a great day with a couple sessions, plenty of free time, group games, and good food.  Speaking of group games...in the afternoon the whole group played Bunko.  For those of you who haven't played, sorry, I'm not going to explain it.  It's basically a dice rolling game.  Anyways, Mike and I won and we got to choose something from a prize table....Eric, you're going to love this - we chose a gift card to Rainbow Grill!  :)  In the evening we played the Newlywed Game, and that was a hoot.  Loved hearing everyone's answers.  Mike and I did not win that one...

Today started out kinda cloudy and rainy, but ended up being nice and I squeezed in one last fall photo session right in our yard.  Thankfully most of the trees in our yard change on the later side, so things are still looking nice.  I should still try to take the boys' pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment