How do you keep a straight face when disciplining your children?? I suppose when they get older things will be a little more serious and I won't have such a hard time with laughing, but sometimes now I just crack up! Today the four of us were all playing together and Caleb started to slap me in the face, of course it didn't really hurt, but it's not something he should be doing - Mike was telling him to be nice and not hit, and for some reason it struck my funny bone. I was trying so hard to keep a straight face so I didn't encourage that behavior, but I wasn't very successful. Oh, and just so Caleb doesn't look like the 'bad one', Logan started hitting, too.
Both Caleb and Logan have a few teeth coming in. They won't let me get a good look, but I think Caleb has three coming, and Logan two. I finally worked up the nerve to give Logan a bit of a haircut today - I've been so worried about messing it up or just how to manage the logistics of getting a one-year-old to sit still. But, there were no accidents with the scissors, and I don't think it looks too bad! Both boys walk pretty much all the time now - it seems so strange to see them walk down the hall to their bedroom, or come around the corner into the dining room. Caleb's eye cleared up on it's own, out of the blue - woohoo!
It's still been an adjustment skipping morning naptime. Actually, I think it's been just as hard for me! Seems like a fairly long day and I'm definitely ready for naptime when it comes. :)
SO glad the eye cleared up! Yeah! Sometimes, to get a look in a little kid's mouth, you can hold them sideways (head near your elbow) and then tip their head down toward the floor, make it a game, they may open up and give you enough peek. :) Congrats on the haircut! Can you send before and afters? Or doesn't it look that different?
ReplyDelete